CU Buffs Professional Program
Summit to career success with the CU Buffs Professional Program! Whether you're still exploring career options,
or searching for internships or full-time jobs, this program has resources just for you.
Work at your own pace to explore CU-Boulder majors and connect the dots to your career. Then find out what employers
want, and seek out internships and jobs in areas of interest. Completing the program makes your application stand
out and lets employers know you have the skills and talent to be a CU Buffs Professional!
- Minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Complete all four workshops, online or in person, and answer brief questions about them. You'll have the opportunity to complete career assessments, create a resume, and practice interviewing skills.
- Attend one Base Camp Event.
- Create a personalized career plan during a Career Counseling Appointment.
- Attend the Summit Event to meet individually with employers and practice your skills.
- Complete all the required steps and receive your CU Buffs Professional certificate.
Complete the workshops first, in any order, and then you can move on to complete the rest. There is no time limit.
(Attend all online or in person)
Explore Majors and Careers
Learn about majors you're interested in and career assessments. Connect your strengths and skills to areas of interest.
Meet with a career counselor for a 1-hour appointment to create a personalized career plan.
Get invited to the yearly Summit Event to meet and network with employers.
Practice networking skills, get a resume reviewed, and become a...
CU Buffs Professional
Resumes & Networking
Prepare for an Internship or Job Search. 80% of jobs are found through networking! Get ready for your internship
or job search and learn how to network to your next position. Create a resume from scratch or polish up an existing
one to get noticed.
Internship/Job Search & Interviewing
Start an Internship or Job Search here! Learn the secrets of internship and job searching to find what you're
looking for. Build social media job searching skills and interviewing skills to gain an edge in your search.
Meet Buff Employers
Adapt for a Changing World. Gain insight into professionalism on the job and skills to adapt to changing work
environments. We know that the job market is ever changing, learn how to adapt to this changing environment and
gain the professional skills that employer want!
Tuesday 4th 5:30 - Explore Majors and Careers
Tuesday 11th 5:30 - Resumes & Networking
Tuesday 18th 5:30 - Internship/Job Search & Interviewing
Tuesday 25th 5:30 - Professionalism Skills
Wednesday 5th 5:30 - Explore Majors and Careers
Wednesday 12th 5:30 - Resumes & Networking
Wednesday 19th 5:30 - Internship/Job Search & Interviewing
Tuesday 8h 5:30 - Explore Majors and Careers
Tuesday 15th 5:30 - Resumes & Networking
Tuesday 22th 5:30 - Internship/Job Search & Interviewing
Tuesday 29th 5:30 - Professionalism Skills
All workshops are held in the Center for Community, room S350.
Get Started Here:
Email: BuffsPro@Colorado.edu with your student ID number and you can get
started today! The Buffs Professional Program is managed through
Desire 2 Learn, so you can attend workshops in
person or online.
Answers to Frequent Questions:
- All students in all majors who meet the minimum GPA are eligible for the program.
- The program can be completed in one academic year, but students can take as much time as they need.
- If you don't finish the program, that's okay. You can come back to finish at any time.
- The CU Buffs Professional Program is non-credit bearing and will not appear on your official transcript. Many students do include it on their resumes and social media profiles as optional ways that employers can connect with you.
- There is no fee for the program. A few optional career assessments may have a fee, but there will always be a free option.
Questions? Email BuffsPro@Colorado.edu